Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti Donation Classes THIS WEEKEND

Our church goes to Haiti every year on a few mission trips. ONE is a medical mission trip, one is a Dental mission trip and another for a school mission trip. Our church is very involved with the people of Haiti! I went a few years ago and it changed my life, while we were there we treated over 600 people in 6 short days and saw more life than I could ever put into words.

Ironically our medical mission trip was already planning to go to Haiti NEXT week and is still planning on making this trip. The team needs prayers....it's already very difficult to get the medication in for the people of Haiti and now with everything happening our team will have even a more difficult time.

I am unable to go this year but feel strongly the desire to help this team in some way! SO one thing I'd like to do is give....so I am making ALL CLASSES THIS WEEKEND DONATION BASED CLASSES!!

All weekend we will be taking donations AND I will be giving this DIRECTLY to the doctors and nurses going on the Our Lady of the Lake medical mission trip. I can promise you that your donations will go directly to those in need NO middle man. Many of the people that create this team are people who live in these villages... from interpretors to the drivers to the cooks and ALL have been touched SO our team will be able to personally take our donations and see first hand what it can do.

So please keep that in mind this weekend.....and again God is still wooing me, I'm not quite sure SO if I take off and am gone next week you know where I might be...after all I kept that nursing license for something!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go too Misty!! It was life altering on those missions to Petit Borg (Haiti)...Miss you! Patty

    ReplyDelete