Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Calling it "Home"

SO I was having one of those days....you know the ones where you meant to get up and get to yoga...where seems like everyone has bad news for you.....that no matter how many times you seem to clean the kitchen it gets dirty again? Well welcome to my Wednesday if you haven't experienced one of these!

If I am being honest (satya) I was feeling a tad bit under appreciated. I know that sounds horrible doesn't it! I have so much to be thankful for..health and happiness RIGHT!? (you get the idea that I am trying to talk myself into it) But really how many times can you pick up the same clothes, make the same beds, put the same dishes in the dishwasher and then still hear "where are my clothes" and "what's for dinner!" Needless to say I was EAGER to leave my home with my kids who aren't "officially" out of school till tomorrow to get to Hot Yoga House and teach that core class...THERE someone will appreciate me RIGHT...I would feel better...RIGHT...???

I have to say I walked in and had to laugh when I started my same routine of picking up trash and putting up mats but instead of feeling under appreciated I suddenly felt calm, peace and true Happiness...I know you aren't going to believe me but it hit me like a ton of bricks OR some 2 lb hand weights sitting in a cubby! I truly love that people come here and it feels like "HOME"! It's a place where yes you come to sweat and burn a few calories but I really believe most of you come because you enjoy spending time with everyone here, a place where Melanie said it just feels right to take your shoes off...and that you do!

So THANK YOU for coming and making me part of your life....I APPRECIATE you and if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and that what you do doesn't matter...just come to the "house" take a little time on the mat, chat with some friends maybe make a few new ones, I PROMISE you will ALWAYS be glad you did! (and if that doesn't work I can always throw a 2 lb weight your way!)

3 comments:

  1. I missed coming today... and you are so right Misty... Everyone there is family to me and the House is my home away from home..! I would be lost without it.... Thank you...!!!! Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss coming to the "house" every day!!! I better say WE miss coming...I had one of those days today too. I just didn't want to go to work and mow grass..YUCK...but as I was mowing I kept telling myself that the attitude really matters and if my attitude about being there changed then I wouldn't despise being there today. I had lots of time to meditate today with the Ohm sound.....or maybe it was more like the loud hum of the lawnmower but I was able to drown out the negativity and bring in some positivity!!

    Once again we miss & appreciate ALL OF YOU at the "house" and are looking forward to June when we'll be able to come back "home"!! even if just for a little while!

    Debi (and Mark too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty,
    You have created an amazing community of people. It takes a person like yourself to accomplish such a feat. Whether I'm leading a class or taking a class at The House, I'm always so happy to be there in a place full of so much joy and friendship. That's your gift, Misty....bringing people together. I think I can speak for all of the regulars at The House when I say that we truly appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete